MK-7 (Menaquinone-7) is an enhanced bioactive form of vitamin K2 from Natto. MK-7 is responsible for the carboxylation of specific bone proteins needed for building bone. Vitamin K2 is absolutely critical for regulating calcium throughout the body. Did you know that if you lack K2, which is not at all found in the American diet, your calcium will end up everywhere, but in your bones?
I discovered this research a few months back. I found it so fascinating—and here’s why: If you have osteoporosis or osteopenia, it is, of course, primarily, because you don’t have enough calcium. (Eating healthy, weight bearing exercise, plenty of water, etc., are also important factors.) However, the research also shows that this same patient will have, instead, calcification in their arteries and/or their brains. This is, because of the lack of vitamin K2. Without K2, the calcium is not properly regulated. The calcium settles elsewhere else, never making it to the bones. Read that again, carefully. You, too, will be amazed! With heart disease being the #1 killer, I am stunned that this truly groundbreaking research isn’t being reported on every news channel! After all, it has the potential to help save millions of lives, at the same time, help the elderly maintain strong bones and healthier brains.
I have a couple clients who have this exact problem. Their bone density tests showed osteopenia. At the same time, they’re starting to show calcium buildup in their arteries.
Here are some of the many health benefits of natto:
- Natto is rich in vitamin K2, which has shown to reduce bone loss and hip fractures in post-menopausal women by as much as 80%
- Vitamin K has shown to reduce blood clots by slowing arterial calcification, enhance liver function and improve urine flow
- Vitamin K2 has a far better bioavailability than K1
- Vitamin K2 has also shown to:
- Prevent allergic disorders
- Fight cancer
- Increasing immune reaction of intestinal cells
- Stabilize cholesterol panels
- Improves fibromyalgia
- Lowers blood pressure and improves circulation
- Less risk of colon cancer
- Prevents stroke, heart attack and heart disease
- Prevents vitamin-deficiency disease
- Reduces the symptoms associated with menopause
The Japanese have some of the lowest rates of heart disease. They easily live to 100 years of age with very few health issues. And guess what is commonly found in their diet? Natto. Though even the Japanese do not like the taste of Natto, they still eat it, knowing the many health benefits that come from it. I choose to take the supplement form, MK-7. I highly recommend you do the same.
BTW: K2 is a fat-soluble vitamin. So you need to make sure you take it with a healthy fat, i.e., butter, eggs, salmon, goat cheese, etc.
As always, I encourage you to please research this further on your own—and share it with others.
The Greatest Wealth is Health,
Body by Phoenix (Private Weight Loss & Personal Training Studio)
Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Researcher
Product Developer, International Author
Weight Loss/Anti-Aging Expert
Life Coach, Consumer Activist, Speaker
LEARN THE TRUTH